"Being different makes you interesting"

Friday, February 17, 2012

Loving Friends In the Garden

Recently, there have been times when I feel all alone.  With the way life is for me right now, some days I can just feel downright blue.  At the end of January, I had very loving friends treat me to a garden makeover.  These friends had actually been in touch with my children, planning this makeover.  I could sense there was a secret going on, but could not figure out what the secret was!  Little did I know that the surprise was for me.

These friends have wanted to do something for me to lift my spirits.  Well, they really did!  On a Saturday morning, these women with their husbands came and did a re-do around my pond area just outside my front door.  Old plants were removed, new plants took their place, extra plants and flowers joined them, and the pond was cleaned out.  I had been sick with the flu that week, feeling doubly blue, and what a nice surprise this was!  It is beautiful!  Take a look~

Thank you my friends!  You know who you are!  


 Planted some new flowers.  Elizabeth and Dave planted, in October, the front around the edges with bulbs.  So this area was untouched.  We are waiting for the bulbs to come up and show their colors!

 This is so nice to see when walking up to my front door

 I love the little trail leading to the pond.  I never thought of doing that!

So many extra pink flowers gracing the pond area.  At the end of the trail, you will find some adorable toadstools!

I love you guys!

2 comments:

anitamombanita said...

Sometimes the simplest things make such a difference. Thank goodness for wonderful friends!

Susan Anderson said...

What a great idea. I don't know who did this, but I think you deserve every bit of it!

=)