"Being different makes you interesting"

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 25, 2010

I attended the annual community Thanksgiving Day Service. It was held at the Sacred Heart Catholic church on Saratoga Ave. In this service, all the different religious denominations get together for a program of word and music. For a few years, Scott was part of the Saratoga Ministerial Association which is made up of all the local churches leadership. He prepared the program to be held at our ward chapel a few years ago. It is no small undertaking. Scott no longer is part of this, as he travels so much and has a new church calling of Stake Executive Secretary.

It is very pleasant to attend and listen to the music and messages. This year was a clear, crisp fall day and felt the sun warming us up. It had been pretty cold just previous to this day. After the service, I drove to the store as I was told that we needed eggs. I was sure that I had bought some. But the person looked again and vowed there were none. After getting home with the eggs, I discovered the three dozen I already had. That's ok. . . . We were baking quite a bit.

As I drove home from the store, I was struck by the many colors we do have here in California! Sure, we also have many "evergreen" trees that mixes up with the golds, reds, and yellows.

I can't seem to turn them around, but this a beautiful tree.

Here is the contrast of the green and yellow with the orange.



No comments: