"Being different makes you interesting"

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

I realize that Thanksgiving was a week and a half ago, however, I would still like to take this opportunity to enter my thoughts on gratitude.

I love the fall season! My heart melts as I watch the trees change their colors. Yes, we do get Fall colors in California! I am reminded of many events that have happened in the fall.

Sarah and Matthew were both born in October. We lived in Vernon Hills, IL at the time of their births. The fall colors were a bit more vivid in IL, but my memories wander to the many visits to the doctor weeks before they were born and seeing the leaves change while I was out and about. I am grateful for my children, each and everyone of them. Each has their own special talents and abilities. When they were very small, they seemed to be quite the same. Now that five of them are adults, there is such a difference.

I know that I could make an endless list of the things that I am grateful for. Here is my top ten.

1. My Family: a loving husband, and faithful children
2. The Gospel of Jesus Christ and my testimony
3. A living prophet who receives revelation from the Lord
4. The Holy Scriptures to read, study, and learn more
5. Our home that is warm and protects us from the world
6. Food we put on the table each and every meal
7. My association with good people that care for others
8. Living in a good community that desires the best for all
9. Education opportunities my children have for the future
10. Temples that bind us all together and where we can be
close to the Spirit, and loving Heavenly Father

No comments: