"Being different makes you interesting"

Thursday, August 26, 2010

College Dorm in Utah

We moved Katie into her dorm at the University of Utah on August 19th! It was like "Oh my goodness~~we're here!" It is a good sized dorm room. About twice as big as the one Matthew had his first year at UCLA. Her room is on the front of the building and looks out over the grassy area of the Chapel Glen dorms. Here are a few photos I took as she was moving in.


After we got most everything moved in, we decided that the room lighting was pretty dim. Even with a desk lamp, it was dark. We went to Target and found this cute five light lamp. It made such a huge difference! The light was soft, but made the room brighter. The five light covers were varied pink colors.


The lamp up close. It is so cute!


Setting up her printer. It's wireless! I wish mine was.


I can't get my photo to rotate, but I really like the comforter Katie bought for herself.


I will miss Mr. Moo here at home on Katie's bed.


I think Katie will be most comfortable in her room for the year. She has a cute lamp, comforter, etc. The room is large, even though the closet could be bigger, and there is one bathroom for three girls. Usually there are four girls, but her next door roommate is by herself. Ally is a freshman mentor~~she is there to help freshmen in the dorms.

Have a great year Katie!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Glad you had a safe trip. I'm sure Katie will have a wonderful year. And I know Elizabeth is excited to have her close. Have a great day!