"Being different makes you interesting"

Monday, December 26, 2011

November--Monterey Bay Aquarium Trip

It's been four months since I posted anything.  Time really does fly by.  Besides the time, there have been some very challenging experiences to deal with, which distracted me from posting.  

At Thanksgiving, the younger kids and I went to the aquarium.  We wanted to get another visit in before our years membership ran out.  I think I could look at these displays and never get tired of them.  My family knows how much I love "critters" and can watch for a lengthy period of time.  I find a peace in watching the fish glide through the water.  I marvel at the extensive variety of water creatures.  I am grateful for God's creations.


 The best "critters" at the aquarium that day were the three in the above photo!

 There is a marvelous display of sea horses.  More than I thought were possible.

 This is actually a leafy sea dragon.  It is related to the sea horse.  Look at the fine details of this animal.  There were some really talented designers helping with the creation.

 My kids were probably the "biggest kids" there that day.  They would pop into cubbies like this one and be silly.  It was great to watch them!  And, I wasn't the only one watching them. . .

 Jonathan really doesn't like his picture taken.  So often he will quickly turn around, make a face, etc.  This time, he said I could take his picture like this.  I like the arrow pointing out his height!

 One of the displays is full of moray eels.  They are difficult to count as they are usually hiding in the rocks.   I came up with the number 13 that day.  They usually are poking only their heads out, but this day, there was this guy that was draped over the coral.  I have never seen one all the way out like this.  Besides that guy, you can see three other eels.  On top, is a spotted one that I didn't catch his head.  Just below is this fancy yellow and black design.  On the right, you can see the tail of a black and white striped eel.  

 Here are two more.

 And another two different eels.

 This was a favorite display!  They crawled into the kids tunnel to hide from me.  But I found them!

 It's fun to be together with family.
 We couldn't have picked a more beautiful day!

My everlasting pearls.

No comments: